WHAT IS COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS?
College Credit Plus is Ohio’s dual enrollment program that provides students in grades 7-12 the opportunity to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking courses from Ohio colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to enhance students’ career readiness and post-secondary success, while providing a wide variety of options to college-ready students, at no or limited costs to students and families.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS?
- If you are an Ohio student in grades 7-12 you can apply for College Credit Plus admission to any Ohio public or participating private college. The college will determine your eligibility and admit you based on your college-readiness in one or more subject areas. Your school counselor can help you understand your options, deadlines, and how to proceed. You may not participate in the College Credit Plus program beyond your anticipated high school graduation date.
- Students must be Ohio residents to participate in College Credit Plus. For public school students, the student must be enrolled in a high school in Ohio.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ELIGIBLE?
- Students must be academically ready for college courses
- Students must complete an assessment exam with the college or university
- The results of the assessment exam will indicate whether the student has met the college-ready benchmarks
- The college or university must review the exam scores and let the student know if he/she is eligible
WILL COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS GRADES APPEAR ON MY HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT?
Yes. High school credit awarded for courses successfully completed under College Credit Plus will appear on your high school transcript. Courses successfully completed under College Credit Plus must be listed by course title on the high school transcript. All College Credit Plus courses will be computed into the GPA using the same scale as Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or honors courses in your district, based on the common subject area - not curriculum - of the weighted advanced standing class/course.
For more information, visit Ohio Higher Ed: Department of Higher Education online.