There are currently no cases of COVID-19 in Van Wert County. At this time there are not any Persons Under Investigation (PUI). The Van Wert County General Health District is working closely with the schools on prevention of the spread and planning for the potential spread. We are encouraging schools to communicate with parents and caregivers and to help students to learn proper hygiene for prevention. There are NO schools closing in Van Wert County due to the COVID-19, and the health department is not requiring or recommending closure at this time. To help prevent the spread of all infectious diseases, please remember the following:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or your sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
At the time of this release there are 4 confirmed cases in Ohio (3 in Cuyahoga County and 1 in Stark County) and 24 Persons Under Investigation (PUIs).
The Ohio Department of Health has opened a call center to answer questions regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). The call center will be open 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and can be reached at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
For more information please visit the Van Wert County General Health District website at www.vanwertcountyhealth.org or follow Van Wert County Health Department on Facebook.
Click here for official statement from the Van Wert County Health Department